6 tablespoons butter
1⁄2 cup flour
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup carrot, diced
2 tablespoons butter
2 quarts chicken broth
1⁄4 lb Polish sausage, diced
1 cup potato, raw,peeled and diced
1 head chopped cabbage (about 1 lb)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper
- Make a white roux with 6 tbsp butter and 1/2 cup flour by melting the butter in a medium skillet,
stirring in the flour and simmering 3- 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Avoid browning.
- Set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a stock pot, or Dutch oven.
- Add diced onions and carrots.
- Saute until tender.
- Add chicken broth, diced polish sausage, diced potatoes and chopped cabbage to the pot.
- Stir and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add white roux, thyme, salt and pepper to the pot.
- Stir until smooth.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.