1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar, divided
24 slices white bread
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth; set aside.
- Cut the crust off each slice of bread then roll out each slice with a rolling pin.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the bread, distributing evenly.
- Roll up each slice jelly roll-style and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- In a shallow dish, mix the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Brush the butter over the roll-ups then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, until completely coated.
- Repeat with the remaining roll-ups, placing them on the baking sheet after coating.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 months. 9. Just before serving, preheat the oven to 400°F. 10. Bake the roll-ups for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.