4 -6 slices thick-sliced bread (I use ‘Texas Toast’ bread)
2 eggs, beaten
1⁄4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Allow 2 to 3 slices of bread per serving.
- Trim bread, if necessary, to fit your waffle iron.
- Beat the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook in hot waffle iron until golden brown.
- Watch closely so it doesn’t get too brown– it doesn’t have to cook as long as waffles do.
- Serve with desired toppings.